The world is a very narrow bridge
The only thing is not to be afraid at all.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד והעיקר לא לפחד כלל
Trust, connection, and working for good: these are what carry us in times of fear and uncertainty. In the rapidly changing landscape of the pandemic, the Ann Arbor Reconstructionist Congregation is committed to keeping our community connected and providing meaningful, engaging, and richly Jewish services and programming.
Check below for regular updates.
Current AARC Programming
- Services online
- Rabbi Ora is leading Fourth Friday Shabbat services, Second Saturday Shabbat services, and Second Saturday Ta Shma via Zoom. Look for the link in your email before each service. (Subscribe to our email list by filling out the form to your right!)
- See below for links to download the Zoom app to your computer and for other Zoom help.
- Mishpacha Meet-up groups for members
- Watch for more information on these groups of 7 pre-assigned member households who will stay in touch through the quarantine over an agreed upon-platform.
- Facebook group for members
- If you have a Facebook account, search for “AARC Member Group,” and ask to join.
Help in the Real World
- In our congregation
- We continue to reach out to our members who may need help in securing groceries or medicine, and also checking in with those who may want regular connection through phone calls. If you need assistance and/or would like a connection with another community member, or if you want to volunteer to run errands or make phone calls, please contact Rebecca Kanner at email@example.com or (734) 994-5717.
- In our community
- Washtenaw County Covid-19 Resources and Supports (Google doc)
- Washtenaw County Mutual Aid Resources (Facebook group)
- Jewish Family Services Food Pantry and other JFS assistance
- Other food resources (via Food Gatherers)
- U-M Poverty Solutions Michigan Pandemic Resource Guide
- Statewide sources of help (via Bridge Magazine)
- Jewish Federation of Greater Ann Arbor resource page
- United Way Covid-19 resource page – request funds, donate funds, see more resources
- Ann Arbor Observer Covid-19 assistance page – How to get help, and how to give it
- YMCA list of restaurants offering takeout and delivery (and other links to useful resources)
Help Using Virtual World Tools
Music, Chanting, Online Services and Other Jewish Resources
- Shabbat message from Rabbi Ora
- Prayer online
- Beautiful singing
- The Institute for Jewish Spirituality is offering free daily meditations.
- New rituals for this time
- Other Pandemic-related Jewish Resources